Tuesday, November 5, 2013

London Grammar

This British indie pop trio is my newest musical discovery and I am absolutely loving their haunting sounds and beautiful metaphors. Their début album If You Wait has been playing on a loop on all my devices and the track Strong is the official soundtrack to my current state of melancholy. It's one of the most perfect songs I've ever heard.


Wasting My Young Years is an articulation of disillusionment encountered by young people who did everything they were supposed to be at the promise of a certain future but now find themselves living a reality in which that future has been snatched from under their feet because of the reckless and negligent actions of those who came before them. Now they cannot enjoy their youth as they struggle to survive and to make it worse they are regretful of having wasted their early youth on a formula that has proven to be flawed. I dedicate this one to the president of my country. Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. Dear L,

    I am just going to add this as a comment since I am too lazy to make another post. You simply MUST listen to both of London Grammar's CDs - If You wait and the bonus CD. You just have to! They are transcendent! I especially want you to listen to High Life (wherein you will find my longest standing personal descriptor) and Sights which for some reason I always imagine as a conversation between me and an unknown interlocutor. Listen and enjoy young one!

    ReplyDelete